Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Those Random Books I Use For Research

 

Post by Doris McCraw aka Angela Raines

Photo (c) and property of the author

This month I thought I'd list ten of those random books that contain unique information. I hope you all enjoy some fun reading.

1. "I Never Knew That About Colorado" by Abbott Fay

2. "The American Family Keepsake" by The Good Samaritan and all other books in the American Antiquarian Cookbook Collection.

3. "Midas of the Rockies: The story of Stratton and Cripple Creek" by Frank Waters

4.  "Cripple Creek Days" by Mabel Barbee Lee

5.  "The Bad Old Days of Colorado: Untold Stories of the Wild West" by Randi Samuelson-Brown

6.  " A Quick History of Victor: Colorado's "City of Mines" by Leland Feitz

7.  "Alias Soapy Smith: The Life and Death of a Scoundrel" by Jeff Smith

8.  "The Prospector: Story of the Lidew of Nicholas C. Creede" by Cy Warman

9.  "Around Monarch Pass" by Duane Vandenbusch

10. "The Cripple Creek Strike" by Emma F. Langdon

Garvin cabin - Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site
Photo (c) and property of the Author

I have used and/or own a number of these books. Yes, I realize most have to do with Colorado, but all are about life and times in the early West. 

In addition to my non-fiction, such as "Under the Stone: Early Women Doctors in Evergreen Cemetery", most of my fiction, which takes place in Colorado is grounded in the history of the state and region I wrote about. To me, having those pieces of history adds realism to the story.

Until Next Time: Stay safe, Stay happy, and Stay healthy.

Doris







No comments:

Post a Comment